Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Learning To Be Still with San Pedro

It continually amazes me that the teacher plants will always give you exactly the amount you need, regardless of how much, or how little you intent to take.

My intention with my second experience with San Pedro was to go a little deeper and really take in the energy of the jungle, but the plant had another lesson for me. This time when I tried to drink San Pedro, it was hard to swallow, and I wasn't able to finish the entire glass. The nausea came quickly and as eager as I was to explore the jungle and the plants, every time that I tried to move, the nausea returned.

As before, San Pedro came gently in waves, but I was learning a very important lesson, I was learning how to be still and be present in the now. I watched a flock of birds playing in the trees, I lay still and listed to my breathing and my heartbeat. I spent the day laying in a hammock being still and present, watching and connecting with the world around me.

I saw the playful spirits of the jungle, like dancing puppets, tethered to the trees where they lived, hidden from mundane world. I saw the energy that permeated from the jungle, great flowing green waves of energy reaching out to us, trying to embrace us. I realized that nature reaches out to us every day, and too often we spend our lives too busy with . I watched the shapes form in the clouds and could see how it was all connected together.

As my journey reached it's peak, I could see the clouds, the sky, and the jungle all swirling together. I stretched out my arms and saw the divine cosmic energy entering my body and filling me. I could feel it filling up all of the parts of me that had been purged from the Ayahuasca. As I felt this amazing energy entering my body, it was also as though I was detached from myself and was watching this happen from outside my body, as well as feeling it inside while it happened.

As San Pedro brought me back into myself, I was grounded again, feeling as though my feet were roots, reaching deep down into the earth, holding me tight to itself, welcoming me back again.

1 comment:

ShareThis