Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Journey begins


I first learned about Ayahuasca when I met my husband. A year after we got married, he went to Peru to drink Ayahuasca and learn from the medicine and the jungle and came back a changed man.

After we moved back to the Midwest I began to feel disconnected from myself.  I knew there were internal issues of my own that I needed to address, but I didn't know how. In particular, I was a control freak. There was a point in my life where I needed to be that way, but it was becoming a detriment to myself and my life. I knew that if I continued down that path, I would push everyone and everything I loved away from me. So in November of 2012 I made the long journey to the Amazon to seek help and healing form Ayahuasca. Little did I know that I would learn more about myself, my mind, and the world I live in than I ever imagined. I spent 14 days in the Amazon jungle in November and I also came back a changed person. Ayahuasca taught me to let go, to listen to the universe, and to allow myself to be part of the universal consciousness.

Since I've been back, I've realized that the teachings of Ayahuasca don't stop after ceremony, or after you leave the jungle, she continues to work inside you and teach you. As I continue my journey of learning, growing, and healing, I invite you to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis