Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Preparing to Return Home

My intention going into my third and final ceremony of this journey was to gain the insight I needed to return home. I knew that as I prepared myself to return to my family, my job, and my everyday life that I would need insight to incorporate all that I learned into my being.

As the ceremony began and we all walked up to drink, I took the cup that was given to me and stood for a moment asking Ayahuasca to give me insight. I asked her to give me knowledge and protection as I prepared to end this part of my journey. The medicine began to take effect and the Ayahuascero began to sing his icaros. I spoke very little Spanish, but I could hear the intention of the icaros and feel the protectiveness of the space as I began my journey.

I knew that I would not be purging tonight and I would be allowed to journey a little further tonight than I had in past nights. Tonight was the time for her to give me the lessons and knowledge that I would need. I settled into my journey and felt a protective shroud covered me, this beautiful beam white light came through the roof of the maloca and covered my body. I could feel feathers, like wings engulfing me and knew that I would be safe regardless of what happened.

My journey intensified and I was taken to an ancient place. I was sitting in front of a Mayan temple with the sun setting behind it. I could see colors, reds, yellows, and oranges, radiating out from the top of the temple into the sky. Above the temple I saw three angels hovering in sky, their wings morphing into the clouds. Then I heard a voice, it said, "Things are not complicated when seen from above."

I stood up and walked toward the temple as I walked the temple seemed to remain the same distance away from me. I felt a bit of anxiety that I would never reach the temple, then suddenly I knew the more I chased the temple, the more difficult it would be to reach. I heard a the same voice again tell me, "when you stop chasing things and allow them to happen, your goal will be within your reach." I sat down again and the temple began to move toward me.

When the temple was close to me, I walked up to the top and lay down. As I looked up I was pulled into the colors flowing out of the top and drawn up to the angels. They surrounded me and carried me back down to the earth. When I felt the earth beneath my feet again, I knew that this journey had come to and end and that I was ready to go back into the world with the new knowledge that I had gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis